Keane is looking for an energetic, self-motivated candidate to join our Sales Department as a Junior Sales Associate. An ideal candidate would have excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as organizational skills. This position may eventually become a business producer and is a perfect role for someone looking to begin their career in Sales.
The Junior Sales Associate will call companies across the US and talk to professionals about their Unclaimed Property business needs. This person will identify who the most appropriate decision maker in a company, then initiate a conversation to introduce our services, educate the decision maker about our company’s value, and ask them questions. When a lead is turned into an opportunity, it gets passed to a company salesperson most likely to win the appropriate business.
The Junior Sales Associate will use the phone, email, and mail to communicate with the companies that are assigned to them. After each contact that they make with the company, they document the result of each call, update the database and type clear and concise notes.
Duties: Include, but are not limited to the following:
- Present and sell company services to current and potential clients.
- Follow up on new leads and referrals.
- Prepare presentations, proposals and sales contracts.
- Establish and maintain current client and potential client relationships.
- Prepare paperwork to activate and maintain contract services.
- Identify and resolve client concerns.
- Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, information, or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
- Coordinate company staff to accomplish the work required to close sales.
- Read and fully understand client contracts/agreements to verify that Keane is meeting all contractual obligations and to actively resolve any contractual problems that arise.
- Attend regular training and company events, as required.
- Communicate regularly as required with the EVP of Strategic Growth & Sales on prospects and activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 1-2 years selling experience.
- Highly developed interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to speak publicly with confidence and poise.
- Strong sense of ambition, self-motivation and self-discipline.
- Desire to mentor other colleagues after refining your skill set.
- Familiarity with MS Office products and Salesforce.com a plus.
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Normal office activity including, keyboarding, interacting with others, participating in meetings, extended periods of sitting and/or standing in an open office environment
- Visual acuity to read computer screens and written materials
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends on occasion